Hard to believe we’re already on the downward slope of 2015.
Does thinking about that take your breath away a little? This reality hits me every year around this time.
And every year seems to go by faster.
I sound like my grandma talking this way, I know. But, man.
Do you feel it?
If so (or you’re not sure what I’m talking about) here’s a funny (or maybe more like wacky) piece I wrote in 2013 about this “end of the year whizzing by” phenomenon and how I wasn’t going to give up on the last few months of the year by deciding it’s over and just rolling down the hill into the new year. I refused to coast. It’s called “How Do You Roll from Here?“
Alright, let’s put grandma aside now and turn our eyes toward the future like the fresh young hopefuls that we are…..I share some of my future with you, my schedule — as I know it at this time–for the rest of 2015.
In-person & Virtual Events:
- Yin & Yoga Nidra at Spring Pilates and Yoga | Saturday, Sept. 26 | Yin 1-3pm, Yoga Nidra 4-6pm | Do 1 or both practices. Yin & Yoga Nidra go together better than peanut butter & chocolate and they don’t make you fat or rot your teeth.
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training at Wild Mountain Yoga in Nevada City/ Grass Valley, CA | Tentative date, Oct. 16 (to be confirmed, will be on a Saturday or Sunday in Oct.) | This Yoga Nidra training will be a part of the Wild Mountain 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
- Yoga Nidra Virtual Experience | Sept 20- Oct 18 | Info here | Register here | You don’t have to be free during these dates. Practices and other materials are for keeps and participants have access to the study sections for 3 months (through Dec. 20th.)
- Yoga Nidra Virtual Experience | Oct 25th- Nov 22 | Info here | Register here | You don’t have to be free during these dates. Practices and other materials are for keeps and participants have access to the study sections for 3 months (through Jan 25th, 2016.)
- Daylong Urban Retreat in my Mission St. studio | Date to be determined | Info to come. Stay tuned. | As in the past, this will be an intimate gathering in my studio. Although this year we’ll be introducing practices never done before at any of my in-person events. These practices will be both meditative and physical and are especially for those really ready to make a change in their lives and deepen their connection with themselves.
- A FREE 21 Day Heart-centered Virtual Meditation Experience | Date to be determined | Info to come. Stay tuned. | I don’t have a name for it yet, but this is a gathering of a heart-centered tribe from all over the globe. Together, we’ll dive into the realm of our feelings, to learn about emotional intelligence, the emotional brain and take a mindful journey through the landscape of our feelings. We’ll discover more about how we treat ourselves, how we how we approach the feelings of others, as well as how we want to feel and be treated by others. Here’s an article in the Huffington Post about how I’ve shared this work in a corporate environment.